Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly). This recipe for Low-Carb Mexican Taco Casserole puts spicy, cheesy goodness on your table–without the carbs. This family-friendly dish can be part of a low-carb, keto, Atkins, gluten-free, grain-free, or Banting diet. This easy recipe is a taco lover's low-carb dream come true!
It's low carb, keto, and THM friendly. Great recipe for Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly). During my pregnancy I had to start monitoring carbs for health reasons (I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes). You can cook Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly)
- Prepare 1 lb of 80/20 ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar free salsa.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
I was not, however, allowed to cut out carbs completely because babies need the carbs to develop properly. I've taken the best flavors from tacos and turned them into a super easy keto taco casserole recipe in the Crock-Pot slow cooker. And then there's the cooking method. This cheesy low carb taco casserole is quick and easy!
Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly) step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking up to a fine crumble as it cooks. While cooking stir in chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper..
- Turn off heat, do not drain beef. Stir in salsa and transfer mixture to a 9×9 casserole dish. Spread out evenly..
- In a medium bowl wisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Once combined, stir in half the cheese..
- Pour egg mixture over meat mixture in casserole dish. Very gently give the mixtures a slight stir to work some of the cheese down into the meat..
- Top with remaining cheese. Place in oven. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until cheese on top is crispy and golden around the edges. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Top with your favorite garnishes and enjoy!.
Ground beef, onion, chiles, Ro-Tel tomatoes, and a homemade low carb dumpling are simmered together in a cheesy queso for a taco casserole recipe that's keto friendly and SO full of Tex-Mex flavor! Is the taco casserole keto friendly? Our casserole is super simple with just a few ingredients that you may have on hand if you are living a keto or low carb lifestyle. In fact, if you are like us, you already have the cooked taco meat in the freezer. Delicious Mexican keto taco casserole recipe with ground beef and cheese it's sure to please!