Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs. Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs is a quick and easy pressure cooker recipe for Carribean jerk chicken with spicy marinade. In this recipe, a homemade blend of seasonings is made to recreate Jamaican jerk flavors. These seasonings include ginger, brown sugar, allspice, garlic, white pepper, and allspice.
It's spicy and sweet, and perfect for when you have extra seasoning leftover! You can use any seasoning blend you'd like on this chicken. Stir together ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, Pickapeppa sauce, Jamaican jerk seasoning, and salt in the Instant Pot. You can have Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs
- It’s 4 of Chicken Thighs.
- You need 1 of Habanero, chopped Authentic Jerk uses scotch bonnet peppers. If you have access to these, feel free to use them. Habanero is a close substitute.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of reduced-sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of lime, juice.
- It’s 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of green onions (scallions), chopped.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of fresh or jarred ginger.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of ground allspice.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 Teaspoon of Creole Seasoning, I used Tony Chachere.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Add chicken pieces and stir to coat. Home » Instant Pot » Grilled Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Grilled Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The chicken thighs can go in frozen, and come out tender and infused with flavor!
Instant Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs instructions
- Combine all of the ingredients (except for the olive oil and chicken) in a blender. Blend well for about 30 seconds..
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry..
- Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag. Drizzle 1/2 of the marinade over the chicken in the bag..
- Seal the bag tightly. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight, to marinate..
- Pour the olive oil into the Instant Pot..
- Place the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Brown both sides of the chicken for 4-5 minutes total..
- Drizzle the remaining marinade over the chicken..
- Close the Instant Pot and Seal. Cook on Manual/High-Pressure Cooking for 14 minutes..
- When the pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam..
- Cool before serving..
- Notes Habanero and scotch bonnet peppers are very HOT peppers. Be sure to be very careful during use. If you prefer a less spicy marinade, jalapenos can be used as a substitute. Nutrition Calories: 246kcal.
This pressure cooker chicken and rice recipe makes a nice meal for two. Jamaican jerk chicken is made by marinating the chicken in a rich cocktail of bold and earthy spices. This recipe can be made in an instant pot, skillet or oven. Goes terrific with a sweet side like a Kale & Mango Slaw with Chickpeas. Jamaican Jerk Instant Pot Chicken Thighs.