Vegan Baked Ziti. Vegan Baked Ziti is an easy weeknight meal! This comforting pasta dish is made with cooked ziti noodles, marinara sauce, cashew cheese and optional vegan "meat". This delicious vegan baked ziti with seitan sausage and an easy homemade mozzarella sauce is your childhood classic comfort food made vegan!
It's enough to feed a crowd and anything that's left is perfect for leftovers. This Vegan Baked Ziti recipe is creamy, cheesy, and bubbling with tomato sauce. Although this recipe requires a few different steps, it's actually easy to make and tastes delicious. You can have Vegan Baked Ziti using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Baked Ziti
- You need 1 box of whole wheat ziti.
- You need 2 cup of Cashews unsalted and raw soaked overnight.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- You need 2 of Garlic cloves.
- You need to taste of Salt for ricotta.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- It’s of Good quality tomato basil sauce no added sugar or make your own!.
- It’s As needed of Daiyab mozzarell shreds or any other vegan mozzarella you enjoy.
- Prepare 2-3 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
I am sure you know how much I love all kind of casseroles/bakes. They are super comforting, easy to make, and taste delicious! Do you love vegan lasagna but fear it is too. Get ready for the best vegan baked ziti recipe out there!
Vegan Baked Ziti step by step
- Drain and add soaked cashews, lemon, salt, pepper, garlic. Nutritional yeast to processor or blender. Blend on low until all is incorporated..
- Add plant milk slowly. Mixture should be soft and a bit like a dry cream sauce not liquid. Taste and adjust with any ingredient you need. Lemon and yeast give this but ricotta it's cheese flavor..
- When water is boiled add ziti..
- If creating sauce for so or if using jar sauce just have ready..
- When pasta is Al dente or a bit chewy remove from heat, drain..
- Add ricotta, sauce, mozzarella and pasta to large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Turn out into a large casserole pan..
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbling..
- Serve with Sauteed greens, salad and fresh Italian bread..
Moist and creamy, filled with homemade vegan mozzarella and ricotta cheeses and just like grandma used to make. It's finally here, our vegan baked ziti recipe. It's moist, creamy, easy to make and just like grandma's. We hope you like it! 🙂 – OPEN FOR MORE + THE. Then boil pasta according to directions on box.