Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Calorie. A VERY Low Cost Sweet & Sour Chicken using cheap ingredients to make it as easy as possible. Added Pineapple and Sweet & Sour Sauce. Healthy Low Fat & Low Calorie Sweet and Sour Chicken This is my healthy alternative to the traditional chinese takeaway, it tastes great and is incredible.
Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious. One comment about the directions: the amount of water to Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. **Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. You can have Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Calorie using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Calorie
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 2 of peppers chopped green and red.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of grated Ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 can of pineapple chunks.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 150 ml of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare to taste of chilli flakes.
Add soured cream, coriander and red cabbage for colour. Photo: Jennifer Causey; Styling: Lindsey Lower. A Chinese take-out family favorite, this Sweet & Sour Chicken cuts out the sugar and fat of restaurant varieties. This version combines the natural sweetness of pineapples with Splenda for a healthier take and uses a variety of bell peppers to Sweet and Sour Chicken.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Calorie instructions
- To make sauce, drain pine apple juice add three tablespoons of it to corn flour. Make a paste.
- Add rest of juice, water, soy, vinegar, sugar, tomato ketchup, and chilli..
- Chop chicken..
- Add oil to wok stir and fry onions and peppers for five minutes..
- Add chicken..
- After five minutes, add garlic and ginger, pineapple and water chestnuts, and stir fry for one minute..
- Then add sauce to wok, stir well and season with salt & pepper to taste. Simmer till chicken is cooked..
Print Recipe: Print Share Recipe We love to serve sweet and sour chicken with steamed Jasmine rice, which means making a lot of sauce to drizzle over the rice. A fresh and healthy version with less calories, but tastes amazing with a homemade sweet. Begin by making your sweet and sour chicken sauce/marinade. In a large bowl, combine POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice, tamari, tomato Serving: Option to serve this dish over your favorite grain or inside of lettuce wrap for a low carb option. Storage: store healthy sweet and sour chicken.