Fruit and Nut Cookies. Browse For Yummy & Hassle-Free Cookie Recipes From Kraft®. Satisfy Salty Cravings With Planters Products Found In The Snack Aisle! These cookies are absolutely delicious, and it's fun to mix it up with the fruit and nut combos. (Apricot and dried cranberry with walnuts is a current favorite.) They're a big hit at bake sales too!
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line with parchment. Stir in the chocolate, fruit and nuts. You can have Fruit and Nut Cookies using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fruit and Nut Cookies
- Prepare 125 grams of Butter, chopped.
- You need 75 grams of Caster sugar.
- Prepare 75 grams of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of no Egg, beaten.
- Prepare 185 grams of Plain flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
- You need 1 cup of Cashew nuts, chopped (lightly roasted).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Raisins, halved.
Wrap in waxed paper or clear wrap and chill overnight or until firm. The cookies don't spread too much so you should be able to fit a fair few on each baking tray. If you can resist the temptation, allow to cool before eating. With the nuts and dried fruit the log isn't the easiest to slice.
Fruit and Nut Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven at 160°C for 10 minutes..
- Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla essence in a bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sifted flour and baking soda mixture. Add cashew nuts and raisins, mix well..
- Drop level tablespoons of mixture about 5 cm apart onto a baking paper lined oven tray, press down lightly. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned. Stand cookies 2 minutes before lifting onto wire rack to cool..
- NOTES – Sift together the flour and baking soda..
- Any kind of fruit and nut can be substituted for cashew nuts and raisins. The original recipe calls for walnuts and choc bits..
- For measuring fruit and nut i used 250 ml measuring cup..
- Recipe source – cafe cakes by Australian Women's Weekly..
The Best Cookies With Dried Fruits And Nuts Recipes on Yummly Gluten-free Honey-cinnamon Breakfast Cookies, Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Dark Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. These delicious cookies are a real treat, especially in the summer time. These are the best oatmeal cookies I've ever had! Any dried fruit works well such as cherries, raisins, cranberries, blueberries, or chopped apricots.