Potato Wedges. Compare Prices on Potato Wedge in Kitchen & Dining. Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges. Place half of the potatoes in the bag; shake well to coat.
Rinse potatoes under cold water; drain well. Thoroughly wash potatoes, cut in half, and slice into wedges. Toss wedges in olive oil and seasonings. You can have Potato Wedges using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Wedges
- Prepare of powder mix.
- It’s 6 of Medium Potatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 5 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sage powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of for frying.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of canola oil.
- You need of Dip.
- You need 5 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 5 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 slice of squeezed lemon wedge.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of tabasco sauce.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of egg wash.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
Russet potatoes are the best pick for potato wedges, both for their texture and size. Their thick skins and super-starchy flesh guarantee wedges with a crisp outside and fluffy insides once baked. Because russets are larger than other varieties, they also yield bigger, longer wedges. Anyway, toss the potato wedges around, then add plenty of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Potato Wedges instructions
- Wash potatoes with sponge to get rid of dirt. Do not peel. Slice in to wedges..
- Prepare the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly altogether in a shallow bowl..
- Put egg in to a bowl add the water and beat lightly..
- Set up your station. Arrange the bowls in order to avoid mess in your kitchen. From right to left. Potatoes, egg wash, powder mix, extra bowl for coated potatoes. Use your right hand to dip the potatoes in eggwash first then put in the powder mix bowl. Using your left hand, coat or dust the potatoes and place it into the empty bowl. Set aside..
- Let's make the dip! Chop the garlic. In a small bowl or container, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic, lemon and tabasco. Season with salt..
- Heat oil in a deep pan. To know if your oil is ready, dip a wooden spoon, the oil should bubble around the stick, If it does then you are ready to fry..
- When the oil is ready. Deep fry the coated potatoes until golden brown. Remove cooked potatoes from oil, place in a strainer to drain excess oil.Serve while hot and enjoy!.
Then toss it all around to coat. To make potato wedges, start by cutting a potato in half lengthwise. Then, cut the halves into thirds to form the wedges. Once you've cut the wedges, toss them with oil, salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you like in a bowl. Next, spread them out on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.