Katharine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe. Much like its author, this recipe is a no-fuss classic. Katharine Hepburn Brownies are named after the famous actor. The story goes that gossip columnist Liz Smith got the recipe from the actress to publish in her column.
Turns out dark, rich, intense, chewy We first happened upon the Katharine Hepburn brownie recipe—a charmingly old-fashioned brownie recipe—in the article "A Harried Cook's Guide. Learn how to make Katharine Hepburn's brownie recipe, which went viral after a commenter shared a story about how they led to infidelity. Baking Tip: To make these brownies even more delicious, toast the walnuts before chopping. You can cook Katharine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Katharine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe
- You need 1 stick of butter, melted.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
Place the nuts in the oven while it preheats, then remove and chop. Yes, apparently Katharine Hepburn baked, and this recipe for fudgy brownies has been passed down in her name. We first heard about it from Laurie Colwin This gave them a sweet creaminess here and there, amidst the rich chocolate. Her former neighbor Heather Henderson wrote in to the New Tucked at the end of the letter was an anecdote about Hepburn giving Henderson's father a brownie recipe when his dessert didn't pass muster.
Katharine Hepburn's Brownie Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter an 8"x 8" baking pan..
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk cocoa powder and melted butter until smooth..
- Add sugar and whisk well.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk well..
- Add flour and salt and whisk well..
- Fold in nuts..
- Pour into buttered pan and bake for 40 minutes..
- NOTE:. I made the following adjustments to the original recipe above:. 1) I used 1/2 cup of pecans and 2) I baked for 35 minutes and think it could have been even less cooking time. I'd suggest to start checking at 25 minutes..
Katharine Hepburn's love for chocolate was well documented. But while the four-time Best Actress Oscar winner would openly share her favorite brownies (as well as the recipe). The famous family recipe known as Katharine Hepburn's Brownies, which were originally printed in a New York Times letter to the editor. This brownie recipe was originally shared in the New York Times, by one-time neighbors of Katharine Hepburn. When they brought her a batch of brownies.