Potato and Ground beef Gratin. Spread half of the potatoes in baking dish. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef. Top with beef; spread remaining potatoes over beef.
Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Layer one-third of the potatoes into the prepared dish (save the best-looking pieces for the top). Cover with half the beetroot slices and season with salt Repeat before finishing with a last layer of neatly arranged potatoes and season again. You can have Potato and Ground beef Gratin using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground beef Gratin
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or turkey.
- It’s 6 of potatoes, boiled.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 3 of stems of fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 1/4 c of finely chopped onion.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of flour.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- You need 3 cups of shedded cheese.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of butter.
Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream, butter, garlic and cheese, you can't go Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French. Add ground beef to the Instant Pot.
Potato and Ground beef Gratin instructions
- Brown ground beef, or turkey. Drain off access grease when done. Add salt and pepper to meat..
- Take boiIed potatoes and mash them..
- In saucepan melt butter and add chopped onion stir for 2 minutes..
- Add in flour and Thyme stir until bubbly remove from heat..
- Add milk place back on heat and stir until bubbly..
- Add 2 cups of shedded cheese. Stir until melted and smooth. Turn heat off. Remove from heat..
- In a greased 13 x 9 dish layer half of the potatoes, top with meat, top with remaining potatoes. Pour cheese sauce on top. Bake for 30 min covered..
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 15min..
Using the display panel select the SAUTE function. Cook and stir until no pink remains, Transfer browned meat to a shallow dish and cover loosely with foil. Brown ground beef using vegetable oil. Set aside and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Arrange browned beef on top of potato mixture.