Chocolate Pound Cake. Come See our Unique Cake Gifts! Check out our new Mini Cake Explosion Boxes and Mini Cake Variety Packs Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa together.
Can you freeze Chocolate Pound Cake. Thaw at room temperature and enjoy. Can I double the cake recipe? You can cook Chocolate Pound Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pound Cake
- You need 100 g of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- You need 100 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of egg (from 2 medium-size eggs), room temperature.
- Prepare 80 g of cake flour.
- You need 12 g of natural cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 g (1/2 tsp) of baking powder.
- You need 0.75 g (1/8 tsp) of table salt.
- Prepare 30 ml of milk.
- You need 4 g of instant coffee.
- It’s 28 g of chocolate.
- You need of icing sugar for dusting (optional).
Full of rich chocolate flavor and with moist texture, this recipe is truly the ultimate chocolate pound cake of all chocolate pound cakes. The ingredients for chocolate pound cake are pretty straightforward and simple. Standard as far as cakes go. Unsalted Butter-Salt dries things out and brands can vary on salt content.
Chocolate Pound Cake instructions
- Heat milk, instant coffee, and chocolate until fully melted and stir to combine. Set aside to cool..
- Using a hand mixer or simply a hand-whisk, cream the butter for 1 minute until fully-softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy and lightened in color. Frequently scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula for even mix..
- Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Then add them into the butter mixture in 3 additions. Mix just until combined after every addition. If we add all eggs at once, both of these high-fat ingredients might not combine but end up separating..
- Add all of the dry ingredients. Make sure to sieve the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder beforehand as they tend to clump. Mix until 90% combined..
- Add the melted chocolate. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix as it will develop the gluten too much and result in a tough cake..
- Transfer into a loaf pan that has been fully coated with butter. This will help unmold the cake easily..
- Spread up the batter to both ends of the pan. Pipe a line of softened butter along the center lengthwise. These steps are optional, but they will help create an evenly-centered crack..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Run a spatula between the cake and the pan. Unmold the cake immediately after baking to prevent shrinking. Let cool on the cooling rack. With a sifter, garnish the top with icing sugar before slicing (optional)..
Always bake with unsalted and then add salt as needed. Also, don't skimp with cheap butter- it is the base for the is cake. I have a dessert business & several clients asked for a chocolate pound cake for the holidays. After experimenting with several cookbooks, I tried Shelley's recipe. This cake is very moist, rich and has the best chocolate taste.