Healthy Eggs Benedict. Healthy eggs Benedict is a creative breakfast recipe made up of four delicious layers. Sweet potato toast is topped with Canadian bacon, poached eggs and a drizzle of creamy hollandaise sauce. Eggs Benedict wouldn't be the same without a creamy hollandaise sauce.
This had just the perfect amount of lemon (we like it very lemony). The classic recipe has been given a healthy makeover. A creamy yogurt hollandaise sauce replaces butter with lean turkey bacon and home made lower fat English muffins. You can have Healthy Eggs Benedict using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Eggs Benedict
- It’s 1 of whole wheat english muffin.
- You need 2 slice of weight watchers american cheese.
- Prepare 2 slice of lite ham.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of white vinegar.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper for taste.
Folks you are going to love this healthy eggs benedict recipe! This was the reason for the quick English muffins recipe. The first step to making this healthy eggs Benedict is cooking up the asparagus. Add the strips of bacon or the slices of Canadian bacon.
Healthy Eggs Benedict step by step
- put water in small pot & bring to a boil.
- cut whole wheat english muffin in half & toast in toaster….when done put one slice of cheese on each half & close toater oven door & with toaster off let cheese melt on its own while toaster is off.
- place 2 slices of ham on dish & heat in microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- when water starts boiling put in vinigar & gently crack eggs close to boiling water & gently drop in water.
- take out english muffin & plate & put a slice of ham on each half.
- poach eggs until desired doneness…about 3 minutes depending on size of eggs…remove with slotted spoon to drain any water and place one egg on each half & serve.
- salt & pepper for taste.
Reduce heat to a bare simmer. Yeast Based Eggs Benedict Foundation Platform (English Muffin), recipe follows. NUTRITION INFO Most of our recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. The word "healthy" is usually not found anywhere near the phrase "Eggs Benedict." But this version of the poached egg dish with the luxe Hollandaise sauce swaps out the butter for yogurt, making for a lighter and healthier yet still indulgent brunch. One at a time, break eggs into small cup, then slide into water.