Easy Plain Naan Bread. how to make easy naan bread. Ingredients you will need: Flour – use plain flour, all-purpose or gluten free flour. Plain Yogurt – use Greek or any plain or dairy-free yogurt.
You can leave it out if using self-raising flour. Wipe the mixing bowl clean and spray with cooking oil. Turn the dough out into the bowl. You can have Easy Plain Naan Bread using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Plain Naan Bread
- You need 200 grams of plain flour or strong bread flour I used wholemeal bread flour.
- It’s 1 grams of sweetner.
- It’s 6 grams of dry active yeast.
- Prepare 150 ml of warm water.
- You need 16 grams of margarine I used flora light.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Topping for Top & bottom.
- It’s 17 grams of Oil/butter/margarine your choice I used Weight watchers spread.
Cover with a damp dish towel and set in a warm place for one hour, or until the dough has doubled in size. How to Make Naan Bread: Combine dough ingredients: In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, instant yeast and salt. In another medium sized bowl whisk together the warm water, yogurt, and olive oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until the dough starts to come together.
Easy Plain Naan Bread instructions
- Using breadmaker add water, then flour.
- Put sweetner in 1 corner & salt in another.
- Put margarine just around outside of middle.
- Add yeast in middle.
- Put machine on dough and when 90 minutes up turn machine off and divide dough..
- Shape into tear shapes on greaseproof paper and cover for 30 minutes.
- After 25 minutes put grill on high and line with aluminium foil..
- Brush top of each naan with butter/oil i pressed naans flat as they rise a bit under the grill, then put on grill pan butter side down, then brush tops.
- carefully grill until golden brown and crispy then turn over. 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with curry & rice, or slice little in middle like pocket and fill with cheese, eggs or favourite filling..
How To Make Naan Bread At Home In The Oven? Naan bread can be made in the oven, and it can be cooked exactly the same way I do pita bread. Naan is an Indian recipe; it's a type of flat bread. Traditionally they are baked inside a very hot clay tandoor oven, with charcoal or wood fire. The naan bread are stuck to the inside of the oven just like the picture below.