Chickpea Pulao. Chana Pulao Recipe with step by step photos. Chana pulao recipe with step by step photos. This is a one-pot spiced fragrant chickpea pilaf made with basmati rice, white chickpeas, herbs and spices.
How to make chicken pulao (Instant pot & stovetop). Kabuli chana pulao fits the bill so perfectly. Chickpeas are full of protein and I love their creamy Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas can be used in this recipe. You can cook Chickpea Pulao using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Pulao
- It’s of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s of chickpeas boil.
- You need of medium onion, sliced.
- It’s of cumin seeds.
- Prepare of salt, or to taste.
- It’s of whole cloves.
- You need of whole black cardamoms.
- Prepare of medium stick cinnamon.
- It’s of oil,.
- It’s of water,.
Just drain off all the liquid and give them a. Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful You guys, I am so happy it's nearly the weekend! Try this Chana Pulao which is delicious Pulao recipe which can be served during dinner or lunch with any raita of your choice.
Chickpea Pulao step by step
- In a deep pot, heat the oil and add the sliced onions and cumin seeds. Fry till the onions become golden – about 10 minutes. I managed to burn some of my onions – don't do this!.
- Add a big splash of water and all the spices. Continue to cook this until the onions soften and the water reduced to about half.
- Add the rice, chickpeas and 3 cups of water.
- Cook the rice and chickpeas on high heat, stirring once or twice (but not breaking any rice!) until most of the water has dried out..
- Once the water has dried out, secure a tight fitting lid onto the pot and turn the heat down to the lowest setting, to steam for 10-15 minutes. You can wrap the lid in a clean tablecloth so it absorbs more steam, leading to slightly fluffier and less mushier rice..
- Allow the rice to rest for 10-15 minutes after steaming, then fluff up before serving warm!.
How to make Chana Pulao Recipe – Spicy Chickpea Pulao. Chana Pulao seems to be influenced by the Mughals. Next add yogurt & chickpeas/garbanzos & cook on medium high till the yogurt water dries up. (Its THESE two ingredients which make this pulao very different then the usual pulaos you might have. Chickpea Pulao is one of those one pot Pakistani recipes that you can make while your toddler is clinging to your legs for Chana Pulao or Chickpea Rice is a one pot recipe that is as basic as it gets. Kala Chana (Black Chickpeas) Pulao, protein rich one-pot meal.