Baked Macaroni and Cheese (Weight Watchers). Baked, stove top, vegan and more, these are the mac and cheese styles you need to try! Pour over cooked, drained pasta and broccoli; toss to mix and coat. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle top evenly with bread crumbs.
This a copycat recipe of Cracker Barrel's Baked Macaroni & Cheese only lightened up. Baked Macaroni and Cheese A lighter take on a favorite comfort food, this macaroni and cheese recipe is made healthier by using skim milk and fat-free Cheddar cheese. Click here to see the Weight Watchers Gets a Face-Lift with PointsPlus story. You can cook Baked Macaroni and Cheese (Weight Watchers) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Macaroni and Cheese (Weight Watchers)
- You need 8 oz of whole wheat penne.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of fat free milk.
- It’s 2 1/3 cup of shredded fat free cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Remove saucepan from heat; stir in macaroni. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over macaroni mixture; spray crumbs with nonstick spray. Pour over cooked, drained pasta and broccoli; toss to mix and coat. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle top evenly with bread crumb mixture.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese (Weight Watchers) step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- cook penne drain in colander, then rinse under cold running water; drain..
- heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. add flour and cook, whisking constantly, 2 minutes. gradually add mil, whisking until smooth. Increase heat to medium high and bring to boil; boil 1 minute..
- remove saucepan from heat add 2 cups o cheddar, the salt and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. stir in pasta. Pour into shallow 2 quart baking dish or 6 individual baking dishes, sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup cheese. bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 25 mins for 2 quart baking dish and 15 mins for individual dishes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- serving about 3/4 cup 165grams PointPlus 7.
Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to package directions; drain and return to pot. Meanwhile, while pasta cooks, in a large saucepan, whisk together milk, flour, salt and onion powder until blended. Whether made on the stove top or baked in the oven, macaroni and cheese is a perfect example of Canadian comfort food. First, Cook your noodles according to package directions and drain. Next, Return your noodles to the pot and add in your milk, cheese soup, and water.