Keto Bread 39% VWG Test 6. A keto bread made with yeast that you can tear without it crumbling. It is soft, and stays soft for several days. Leave on the counter in a plastic bag, no need to refrigerate.
The bread after incorporating the butter after the near windowpane test. Here is how you cook that. It is soft, and stays soft for several days. You can have Keto Bread 39% VWG Test 6 using 20 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Keto Bread 39% VWG Test 6
- It’s of > 50.3 % Sponge (2-hr fermentation):.
- It’s 99 g of water, 100F/37C.
- It’s 0.5 g (1/8 tsp) of instant yeast.
- It’s 48 g of keto flour (see link).
- Prepare 52 g of vital wheat gluten.
- Prepare of > 15.1% Water Roux.
- It’s 50 g of water.
- Prepare 10 g of keto flour (see link).
- It’s of > Final Dough.
- Prepare 45 g of water, 100F/37C.
- You need 4 g (1 tsp) of instant yeast.
- You need 33 g of (1 large, lightly beaten) egg, room temp; reserve for wash.
- It’s of all of sponge (above).
- Prepare of all of water roux (above).
- Prepare 101 g of keto flour (see link).
- Prepare 121 g of vital wheat gluten.
- You need 11 g of heavy cream powder.
- It’s 40 g of sweetener.
- You need 4 g (1 tsp) of salt.
- It’s 40 g of butter, room temp.
Leave on the counter in a plastic bag, no need to refrigerate. Reheat in microwave to bring back fluffiness. It is soft, and stays soft for several days. Leave on the counter in a plastic bag, no need to refrigerate.
Keto Bread 39% VWG Test 6 step by step
- Sponge: Dissolve yeast in water, and let sit 5-10 min..
- Sponge: Stir in remaining ingredients..
- Sponge: Cover and let ferment for 2 hr in a turned OFF oven with the oven light switched on..
- Water Roux: Heat ingredients on med-low until pudding texture..
- Water Roux: Set aside to cool slightly..
- Final Dough: In a bread machine or stand mixer or bowl, dissolve yeast in water, and let sit for 5-10 min..
- Add the remaining ingredients EXECPT the butter, and knead until a smooth ball forms..
- Knead in the butter until you can stretch the dough without it tearing (window pane test)..
- Cover and let rise for 2 hrs or until double in size..
- Divide into portions, shape into balls, cover and let rest for 10-15 min..
- Roll into a rectangle the width of your pan, then roll into cinnamon roll from the short side..
- Flatten and repeat..
- Place in baking pan, cover, and do a final rise for 2-3 hrs or until double in size..
- Brush tops with leftover egg..
- Place in fridge to chill for at least 15 min..
- Preheat oven to 300 F / 150 C..
- Place bread in, and immediately turn oven down to 265 F / 130 C..
- Bake for 60 min, or until internal temp is at least 190 F / 88 C..
- Crack open oven, and leave it in for 5-10 min..
- Remove from oven..
- Immediately brush melted butter or heavy cream on the crusts..
- Let absorb for 5-10 min, then transfer bread to wire rack..
- Cool at least 20 min before tearing apart, or cool completely before slicing..
- Store in ziploc bag..
Reheat in microwave to bring back fluffiness. Next time I might play with decreasing vital wheat gluten content, but f. Remove from oven, cover with a dry kitchen towel, and cool on a wire rack. This is the best low-carb and keto yeast bread you will every try. So fluffy and full of delicious flavor, just like real bread!.