Homemade Alfredo Sauce. This creamy alfredo sauce turns a busy weeknight dinner into something special. Serve it with fettuccine or pour it over chicken breasts or steamed vegetables. If you make the recipe with heavy cream, you shouldn't need to thicken this Alfredo sauce.
With all the rave reviews I was expecting something comparable to the sauces in finer Italian restaurants. To me, this sauce is equal to that of a "fast-food" one. It tastes too much like a cream cheese sauce, not alfredo. You can cook Homemade Alfredo Sauce using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- It’s 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 cups of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 oz. of block style cream cheese.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each garlic powder, onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
I doctored the sauce up at bit. How do you thicken Alfredo sauce? When making this homemade pasta sauce, it is usually thickened during the cooking process by the heavy cream and cheese. Allowing the cream to come to a boil allows the water content to evaporate, leaving a thicker mixture.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce instructions
- Cut the butter and cream cheese into smaller pieces. Place them both along with the heavy cream in a large, deep skillet over medium heat..
- Stir often until the cream cheese and butter are both melted and incorporated. Then stir in the garlic, seasonings and parmesan cheese..
- Once the sauce is smooth, allow it to simmer for 5 or so minutes, until it thickens. Then remove it from the heat and immediately serve in whatever way you'd like..
- Baked Chicken Broccoli Alfredo –>.
If it is a thinner Alfredo and needs additional thickening, try adding a roux. What to make with Alfredo Sauce. Alfredo sauce is a family favorite over here. I know that I can make so many delicious recipes with this Alfredo Sauce. Simple and basic recipes to a little more complex, this Alfredo Sauce recipe just does the trick!