Instant Pot Lemon Rice. Instant Pot Lemon Rice—Greek-inspired lemon rice is perfect to serve as a side dish or with chicken. It's flavor is subtle, but delicious. I went to the most delicious Greek place the other day for dinner.
Flavorful, tangy and crunchy Lemon Rice from South India, made as a one-pot dish in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. Aromatic Basmati Rice flavored with lemon juice, mustard seeds, ginger and topped with roasted peanuts. Instant Pot Lemon Rice, is bursting with lemony flavors and is incredible versatile and easy to make. You can have Instant Pot Lemon Rice using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Lemon Rice
- You need 1 1/2 cups of unsoaked Basmati rice.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of salt as per taste.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of lemon juice lemons.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 of stem curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green peas cooked.
- It’s 3-4 of shallots.
- Prepare 2 of slit green chilly.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 2 of tsps ghee(clarified butter) / oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of peanuts roasted (optional).
Enjoy it as a side or make it you base to serve your favorite proteins. Stove top to and Rice Cooker recipe available. It has just the right amount of tang from the lemon juice, but doesn't overwhelm, and the consistency was creamy, similar to a risotto. Fluffy grains of aromatic Basmati rice flavored with mustard seeds, curry leaves and fresh lemon juice.
Instant Pot Lemon Rice step by step
- Keep the Instant Pot on saute mode and once hot,add some ghee or oil..
- Pop the mustard seeds and add bay leaf, curry leaves,green chilies and shallots..
- Add salt,turmeric powder,peanuts and saute well until shallots turn golden..
- Pour the lemon juice into this and saute well..
- Now add the washed and drained rice into the inner pot..
- Mix well all the ingredients until well combined..
- Add 2 cups water and check the salt. Now set the 'pressure cook' mode to 4 mins..
- Once done,open the lid using Quick Release and transfer the rice to a colander to cool.(to prevent sticking of rice).
- Serve hot with pickle and salad of your choice..
- Tip# For cooking perfect Basmati rice in Instant Pot,the rice to water ratio is: Unsoaked Basmati – 1:1.25 ratio & Soaked Basmati Rice 1:1 ratio.
To mix things up, you can also add lemon slices to the pot while the dish is pressure cooking for extra lemon flavor. The hardest part about this popular Instant Pot main may be deciding what to serve with it. It's delicious served over rice or pasta with green beans or asparagus. Instant Pot Lemon Rice practically cooks itself and comes out of the pot perfectly delicious. Making rice in an Instant Pot vs. stove top is much simpler because you don't have to watch or worry about the rice.