Pesto Chicken with Feta and Olives (Keto). Keto pesto chicken casserole with feta cheese and olives Mediterranean superstars — feta cheese, olives, and pesto — unite in this creamy, easy-to-make keto chicken dish. Whether using low-carb, store-bought or your own home-made pesto, give it a go. Add the chicken, olives, feta, garlic, and pesto sauce to a casserole bowl.
This keto pesto chicken casserole is great to have a lot of leftovers to meal prep. It's a quick and easy low-carb recipe that has a lot of Mediterranean ingredients such as feta cheese, olives, and pesto. I'm not a big Mediterranean person, but this keto pesto chicken casserole replicates a lot of those Greek flavors. You can have Pesto Chicken with Feta and Olives (Keto) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pesto Chicken with Feta and Olives (Keto)
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of Boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- You need To taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Butter or coconut oil.
- You need 5 Tbsp. of Red or green pesto.
- You need 1 1/4 C. of Heavy cream.
- It’s 3 oz. of Pitted olives.
- It’s 5 oz. of Feta cheese.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
Cut the chicken thighs or filets into pieces. Season with salt and pepper and fry in butter until golden brown. Mix pesto and heavy cream in a bowl. Place the fried chicken pieces in a baking dish together with olives, feta cheese and garlic.
Pesto Chicken with Feta and Olives (Keto) step by step
- Preheat oven to 400° F..
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces, season with salt and pepper..
- Heat butter or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry until golden brown..
- Mix pesto and heavy cream in a bowl..
- Place fried chicken pieces into a large baking dish. Add garlic, olives, feta and pesto/cream mixture. Stir to combine..
- Bake in oven 20-30 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned around edges..
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. This is a great combination with the pesto. I make my own pesto with basil, olive oil, half pine nuts and half walnuts, garlic, salt, sometimes adding a bit of fresh mint. An idea is to precook some chicken breasts in the instant pot and add them to a stand mixer to. keto Chicken sheet pan dinner with Feta and Olives. For this recipe we wanted to try some mediterranean flavours as we love greek style food.