Daim Ice Cream Cake. This Daim ice cream cake is made the old-fashioned way, using lots of egg yolks and whipped cream. This recipe is not the same as in my English book Love Manuela that you can order→ here; the one in my book is similar in flavor, The difference is I used sweetened condensed milk instead of egg yolks, And yes, of course it was a hit with my daim bar loving parents as well! Translated from and adapted after Söta Saker's recipe.
And yes, of course it was a hit with my daim bar loving parents as well! Translated from and adapted after Söta Saker's recipe. I recently discovered that ice cream cake is a surprisingly divisive topic. You can cook Daim Ice Cream Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Daim Ice Cream Cake
- It’s of ✨Almond Base✨.
- It’s 150 g of Powder Sugar.
- It’s 150 g of Ground Almond.
- It’s 4 of Egg whites.
- You need of ✨Ice Cream✨.
- You need 4 of Eggs Yolks.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 200 g of Powder Sugar.
- Prepare 5 dl of Heavy Whipped Cream.
- You need 160 g of Crushed Daim Candy.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare of ✨Topping✨.
- You need 50 g of Daim Candy (Chopped).
When I asked friends and readers whether actual cake belonged in ice cream cake, the responses were severely split. See recipes for Black Sesame Mochi Cake, Daim Ice Cream Cake too. According to Almondy's website, the Tolberone cake — which consists of approximately six to eight slices — is both vegetarian and gluten free, and sold frozen in stores. If you want to find the cake yourself, Devo said he found the product at the Netcost on Ocean Avenue and Shore Parkaway in Brooklyn.
Daim Ice Cream Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line an 9-inch →24 cm round springform pan with parchment paper, grease the bottom and the sides of the pan. Place the egg whites into a bowl and beat on medium speed until foamy which is usually about 30 seconds. Add the powder sugar, one spoonful at a time, while mixing on medium speed until it becomes very stiff and thick..
- Add the grounded almonds into the mixture and mix it well. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan and use your spatula to spread it evenly. Bake it in the middle rack of your oven for 35-45 minutes. Let it cool completely after. While waiting for the cake to cool completely..
- Proceed to make the Daim ice cream: Beat the egg yolks, 2 eggs, powder sugar and vanilla into a clean mixing bowl and whisk it all together until it becomes stiff and thick. Set it aside after it is finished. Whip the whipped cream until it also becomes stiff and mix it with the previous mixture prepared. Add the coarsely chopped Daim candy and mix everything well. Then pour it over the almond cake bottom..
- Cover the Daim ice cream cake with plastic wrap and place the cake in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight. Top the cake with the chopped Daim candy..
This Daim ice cream cake reminds me of every time we visit Norway. My husband's family would always make this delicious cake. Now, I can make this Daim ice cream cake in my own way. Kue Lapis Bunga (Flower Layer Cake) My favorite childhood cake.. And yes, of course it was a hit with my daim bar loving parents as well!