You can have Cauliflower Gratin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Gratin
- You need 2 each of Yellow onions.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 head of Cauliflower.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 90 grams of Goat cheddar.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and Pepper.
Cauliflower Gratin step by step
- Slice up the onion(1/4" slices) and toss it in a steel sautée pan with some butter on medium low heat. Come back to stir occasionally. If you hear sizzling, stir and reduce the heat slightly. Cook em down to a sweet brown mush and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Pare cauliflower to small florets, reserving the core. Place florets on a baking tray with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 15 minutes until cauliflower is beginning to crisp and turn golden brown..
- As the florets roast, peel and slice the core, then toss it in a pot with the milk. Simmer until cauliflower core is tender..
- Slice or grate the cheese. Pour the milk and cauliflower mixture into a blender. Purée, adding the cheese slowly. Season with salt and pepper and continue blending to achieve a smooth consistency..
- Spread the caramelized onions in the bottom of a baking dish. Scatter the cauliflower on top. Pour your cheese sauce evenly over the top to cover the cauliflower..
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown..