Refreshing Fruit Popsicles. Fresh fruit popsicles made with real fruit are so delicious and they're really easy to make! This is an easy and healthy summer recipe that's fun and delicious – and also helps keep you cool during those hot summer months! RELATED: Homemade Fudgsicles Using Jello Pudding.
Grab a handful of summer's best fruit, blend with lemon juice, then freeze for the yummiest (and easiest) popsicles ever. Get the recipe for Mixed-Berry Blitz Pops » Brad Holland Homemade Popsicles. At its simplest, a healthy homemade popsicle, ice pop, or ice lolly is frozen fruit or juice. You can have Refreshing Fruit Popsicles using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Refreshing Fruit Popsicles
- Prepare About 3/4 cup of bananas (cut into rings).
- Prepare About 1 cup of Mango cubes.
- Prepare About 1 and 1/2 cup of pineapple cubes.
- Prepare 3 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 10 tbsp of Greek yoghurt or plain vanilla yoghurt.
- It’s 10 tbsp of whole milk.
- Prepare 4 tsp of honey.
Depending on the mold you use, it could have a popsicle stick or be frozen into a push pop. This Homemade Fruit Popsicles recipe is an easy, healthy and refreshing treat or snack to make for your kids this summer! Place the top of your popsicle stick mold on. Now place in the freezer until frozen.
Refreshing Fruit Popsicles step by step
- Prep and gather all the necessary ingredients. You can also use frozen fruits, just thaw them first..
- Next, blend all the fruits, individually to form a puree. Strain the pineapple puree to get rid of the chaff(optional). Now, to the fruits puree, add 3 tablespoons each of both milk and yoghurt except the pineapple where you add 4 tablespoons. Then add 1 teaspoon of both lemon juice and honey except the pineapple where you add 2 teaspoons. Mix all the mixtures thoroughly until well combined..
- Now, the mixtures are ready to be frozen, fill the popsicle moulds or you can also use papaer cups and popsicle sticks, leaving a bit of room at the top to avoid spillage and add in the popsicle sticks. To make two flavours, fill the moulds half way and freeze for 30 minutes till the bottom flavour is firm but not frozen, after add in the second flavour and then add also the popsicle sticks and freeze all popsicles for at least 7 hours or preferably overnight..
- They will keep in the freezer for up to 1 week but if you are not going to consume the pineapple straight away, heat the pineapple puree on medium low heat for about 7 -10 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning, this will keep the pineapple from fermenting in the freezer. Enjoy frozen!.
TIP: If you have trouble getting the popsicles out of the mold, let them sit out for a bit to melt and then gently squeeze from the bottom of the mold. You can also run a little bit of hot water over them. These refreshing popsicles are made with watermelon, strawberries and without any refined sugars. There is nothing better than watermelon on a hot summer day. This is the perfect healthy popsicles recipe for kids, toddlers and even babies as it doesn't include dairy, just fresh fruit, and it's so easy to make!