Puff pastry hot dogs with caramelized onions. These puff pastry tartlets are so easy to make and the combo of wine, caramelized onions, roasted garlic, aged cheddar and prosciutto is insanely delicious! Elegant enough to serve as a fancy hors d'oeuvre or for a holiday party, but easy enough to make for any occasion. This is one of O's tasty Super Bowl recipes.
The Best Hot Dogs Puff Pastry Recipes on Yummly Sausage-stuffed Puff Pastry Palms Recetas del Señor Señor. puff pastry, chorizo sausage. Defrost the puff pastry, then roll it out into a large rectangle. You can cook Puff pastry hot dogs with caramelized onions using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Puff pastry hot dogs with caramelized onions
- Prepare 1 pack of puff pastry.
- You need 4 of hot dogs.
- You need 4 slices of emmentaler cheese.
- It’s 8 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 8 tbsp of mustard.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 8 of onions.
- It’s of Oil for frying the onions.
No need for ketchup, pickle relish, onions or kraut. All these dogs need is a slather of dijon or grainy mustard before rolling them up in the puff pastry with a scattering of fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or marjoram. Except these are no ordinary pigs in a blanket. These delicious hot dog bites are accompanied with caramelized onions and wrapped in fluffy, buttery puff pastry and topped with Parmesan cheese which is perfect for a baseball-themed party (and to also "wow" your friends with your cooking abilities)!
Puff pastry hot dogs with caramelized onions instructions
- This time I made the caramelized onions on really low flame, without salt or sugar, just on a little oil. They turned out sweet delicious..
- I pre-fried the hot dogs on a little oil.
- I cut the puff pastry into 4 pieces and added a slice of cheese on each.
- Then I added 2 tbsp mustard and 2 tbsp ketchup onto each square.
- Now comes the hot dogs and I nicely packed them and glazed each with some egg yolk.
- Then they spent some quality time in the oven and I took them out when they were golden. I served them with the caramelized onions.
Hope these make it onto your next appetizer list! Place a hot dog on the narrow end of one piece of pastry. Roll to enclose, brushing with some of the beaten egg to adhere; transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat process with remaining hot dogs and pastry. Brush the tops of puff pastry with egg and sprinkle with seeds, if using.