Chicken Biryani #instantpot. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Increase heat to medium-high and sprinkle sugar over remaining ghee in pot. Chicken biryani recipe with video & step-by-step photos.
Making a chicken biryani in authentic dum style does take some time and needs little expertise. Chicken Biryani is a savory chicken and rice dish that includes layers of chicken, rice, and aromatics that are steamed together. The bottom layer of rice absorbs all the chicken juices as it cooks, giving it a tender texture and rich flavor, while the top layer of rice turns out white and fluffy. You can have Chicken Biryani #instantpot using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani #instantpot
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of ghee.
- Prepare 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of For chicken seasoning:.
- It’s 500 grams of chicken drumstick bone in.
- It’s 1 cup of plain yogurt.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 0.5 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare of For rice seasoning :.
- You need 2 cups (400 grams) of basmati rice.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 0.5 teaspoon of garam masala.
- You need 1.25 teaspoon of salt.
Biryani is a celebration of all that is great about Indian food – the heady aromas, the vibrant colours, the fluffy rice and those addictive curry flavours. Make this Chicken Biryani with your protein of choice – or try a vegetable biryani! One of the most requested recipes is finally here! Chicken Biryani is a must prepare dish on most occasions.
Chicken Biryani #instantpot step by step
- Marinate the chicken with the seasoning at least for 30 minutes..
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes..
- Turn on the instant pot and push the "saute" button. Heat the ghee. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant..
- Add the chicken and the marination. Mix them well. Close the lid and turn the valve to "sealing". Set to manual mode for 10 minutes. When it's done, do the quick release by turning the valve to "venting". Give the chicken a quick stir..
- Drain the rice and gently pour to cover the chicken..
- Mix the water with garam masala and salt. Pour gently around the rice. Close the lid and turn the valve to "sealing". Set to manual mode for 6 minutes. When it's done, do the quick release..
- Gently fluff and mix the rice with the chicken on the bottom of the pot. Serve..
It is a simple, one-pot meal which is served with raita and salad. For those who do not want to invite guests for an elaborate meal- this is the best dish to prepare. A plate of chicken Biryani is a perfect balance of good quality protein and carbs. Chicken Biryani has a fan following. Biryani is a classic Indian dish that is often served at weddings and celebrations.