Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken. No, it probably wouldn't win in a side-by-side taste test with either couscous or white rice, but it does a fair job of coming close. You make this copycat couscous by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor (or grating them on a box grater) until. It's healthy, low carb, and full of both protein and veggies!
Low-carb and high protein meal that anyone can make. Making cauliflower couscous couldn't be easier. You just grind up fresh cauliflower florets in a food processor until they resemble couscous. You can cook Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken
- Prepare 1 of big cauliflower head, washed and grated.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 head of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2-3 tsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 c of chicken- cooked or leftover, chopped.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Green or red chillies, chopped (optional).
Steam the cauliflower in just enough water to coat the bottom of a pan. Then lightly sauté some nuts, fruit, and onions and toss with the "couscous". Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken is a delicious way to enjoy fried rice but without all the extra carbs. Transfer cauliflower to a large roll of.
Cauliflower Rice / Couscous with Chicken instructions
- Prepping the cauliflower: You can use a box grater or a regular one, as long as it turns out like couscous. When cutting it apart, drop/wash the pieces in salted water to flush out the insects/worms. Dry off as much water before grating. TIP: after grating, use a paper towel to absorb as much water as you can. If not, the texture will be mushy..
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and onions in low heat until the onions are transparent.
- Add the grated cauliflower and mix in with your spatula..
- Add the butter. I prefer Anchor butter, its delicious! Mix in well..
- Drop in your coarsely chopped cooked or leftover chicken. Then chillies, if you like it spicy. Mix well..
- Taste and season with salt and pepper or more butter. The cauliflower cooks easily, about 7-10 minutes to let the flavors infuse..
Microwave fresh cauliflower rice in a heatproof bowl, covered with cling film, for three minutes on High. If using from the freezer, microwave for four minutes on High Senior food editor, Barney says: 'I think this method would enable me to pass the cauliflower rice off as regular rice or couscous to my kids. Cauliflower rice is a great alternative to regular rice or couscous and a sneaky way to get more veggies in your diet. This version is my take on Shred the chicken with a couple forks and that's all there is to it! To assemble the bowls I piled some of the chicken on top of the cauliflower rice, then.