Congee from Mulan. So as I slowly recover from Vidcon, join me as I make one of the simplest and most essential dishes in our. In the training camp, Mushu tries to get Mulan ready for the day by waking her up and feeding her a breakfast of congee topped with eggs and. The actual name for the porridge from Mulan is congee, which is a Chinese porridge made from rice.
Mulan causes a whole pot of it to be knocked over as soon as she enters camp, (Credit: Disney) and then Mushu brings a bowl to her in the morning that's happy to see her! So here's how to make it. I recommend eating it with sunny-side up eggs mixed into it. You can cook Congee from Mulan using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Congee from Mulan
- You need 1 cup of jasmine rice.
- It’s 6 cups of water.
- It’s 2 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need of Bacon for mouth.
- Prepare 2 of Fried eggs for eyes.
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic salt.
Congee From 'Mulan' Mushu was a great sidekick who even made this adorable congee — aka, Chinese rice porridge — for Mulan on her first day of training. Complete with a bacon and eggs smiling. Make sure the rice doesn't boil. Congee can be made with many different types of rice.
Congee from Mulan step by step
- In pressure cooker or instant pot add rice, water, bouillon cubes. Set on low for 30 mins with a 2 minutes natural release then a quick release..
- After rice is done add the seasonings. (mix).
- 10mins before rice is done start cooking the bacon and eggs.
- In a bowl put the rice in then build the face..
- Notes- I used turkey bacon so it was hard to make a smile..
Use basic white long-grain rice if you like; jasmine rice is a favorite as well. Other long-grain rice varieties like basmati can create a nice congee, and even short-grain rice will work. Cooking times may vary with any of these options. Congee is a traditional Chinese breakfast porridge made with cooked rice. Mulan's version of congee includes two eggs as eyes and a big slice of smiley bacon!