Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie. Easy, delicious and full of fab ingredients, this Lentil Shepherd's Pie is comfort food at its finest and the perfect way to celebrate organic food! Easy Peasy Foodie. easy, delicious, stress-free, family food. This Quorn Shepherd's Pie is one of our family favourites and I hope it will become one of yours too!
This easy peasy shepherd's pie is a great recipe for quick but tasty comfort food and serves about four. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. You can have Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef.
- It’s 2 can of Corn.
- It’s 2 cup of Mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 1 small of Can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 stick of Butter.
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. The whole dish is pretty much the definition of comfort food. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. "Shepherd's pie" is made from lamb (hence "shepherd"), while "cottage pie" is made with beef.
Easy Peasy Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cook ground beef in frying pan. Once cooked, stir in tomato sauce. Let simmer..
- Cook mashed potatoes with butter and chicken broth..
- Drain corn..
- In a casserole dish, place ground beef on the bottom. Next, spread two cans of corn. Lastly, spread the mashed potatoes on top..
- Bake for 20 minutes..
I actually find chopping to be quite therapeutic, but. Shepherd's Pie is everything you need from a savory classic comfort food creation. This one-pot wonder is quick and easy as well as warm and filling. Other ways to enjoy this pie. Lean Option – Simply swap ground beef with ground turkey.