Orange Chicken – Instant Pot. Instant Pot Orange Chicken is healthier than takeout and easy to make using your Instant Pot. Made with fresh orange juice and orange zest for great flavor. We love using Instant Pot to make easy and delicious dishes.
This fast and easy Instant Pot orange chicken is a lifesaver on a busy day. Bright and fresh orange flavors are combined with Asian flavors to make this perennial take-out favorite at home. Instant Pot Orange Chicken—tender bites of chicken in a flavorful orange sauce. You can have Orange Chicken – Instant Pot using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken – Instant Pot
- Prepare 2 lbs of chicken breast cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/4 c of orange juice.
- Prepare 1/3 of White or yellow onion chopped large.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 c of orange juice.
- It’s 1 of tbps hot sauce or taco sauce.
- It’s 1 of tbps white wine.
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 c of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 c of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry and ginger powder mixed as you see fit.
- Prepare 1/4 c of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 c of brown sugar.
- You need of Orange zest.
- Prepare of thickener.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of orange juice.
- Prepare of garnish.
- It’s 1/2 c of cashews.
- You need of Green onion – chopped.
- Prepare of Orange zest.
- You need of rice.
- Prepare of Make some white rice or brown rice or a rice packet.
- You need of Enough rice to be happy.
And it's made fast and easy in your Instant Pot. Related: SLOW COOKER orange chicken recipe. Orange chicken is so tasty and it's a popular option at Chinese takeout restaurants. Pour the sugars, rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, fresh ginger root, garlic cloves, pepper flakes, and orange zest into the Instant Pot.
Orange Chicken – Instant Pot instructions
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towels, make them dry. Don't skip this. Chop chicken into 1-2in chunks..
- Turn instant pot to saute on high (more). When it is at Hot, add the oil, chopped onion and chopped chicken. Stir constantly until chicken is just browned on all sides..
- Add the 1/4c orange juice and deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon. When done, cancel the instant pot..
- Add the sauce ingredients to sauteed chicken. Add everything under sauce section and stir until combined and over all chicken pieces..
- Manual pressure cook for 6 minutes. Natural release 10-12 minutes. While your waiting, make the thickener… Mix the cornstarch and orange juice until all clumps are gone. More cornstarch equals thicker sauce..
- Release the pressure and turn back on saute mode (low or normal now). Add the cashews from garnish section. Slowly mix in thickener slurry and stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce is thick..
- Turn off instant pot. Let sit for 5-7 minutes..
- Spoon over there rice and add green onion and zest as final garnish when serving. Enjoy it inside your face..
This Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken is sweet, citrusy, tender, slightly spicy and OH SO delicious! Pressure cooker and slow cooker directions included. This is the Instant Pot I have. It has made my life so much easier, and has allowed us to sit and eat a great meal as a family more often because it cooks quickly! You could use either chicken breasts or thighs, either one turns out excellent.