Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad. Get inspired with BBC Good Food's best ever vegan lunch recipes, from office-friendly salads, wraps and soups to satisfying meat-free falafel burgers. Vegan banh mi Make this decadent vegan sandwich using veggies and hummus with an Asian dressing and hot sauce all stuffed inside a baguette. See great recipes for Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad too!
If you're using a regular garden cucumber, taste a slice first—if the skin is bitter, peel it off before slicing the rest. The delectable result is a vegan Roasted Tomato, Red Pepper and Fennel Soup. This healthy, dairy-free roasted vegetable soup really hits the spot on a cold or chilly day. You can cook Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad
- It’s 200 g of tomato purée (or quantity to taste).
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1-3 tsp of oregano.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 of carrot (grated).
- You need 1/2 of cucumber.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 small can of sweet corn.
- It’s 1 small can of green peas.
- Prepare 5 leaves of lettuce and/or cabbage.
- You need to taste of (any other vegetable you would like to add, for example tomatoes or lentils).
- It’s 1 handful of black olives.
With the blended flavors of roasted tomatoes, red peppers, fennel, carrots, shallots, garlic and thyme this soup is sure to please. Prep: Start by prepping the onion and garlic. Add remaining ingredients: Add the tomatoes, basil, oregano, pinch of salt and pepper, and broth. Our vegan tomato soup is also a cinch to make.
Vegan light lunch – Tomato Soup + Salad step by step
- For the soup: heat the tomato purée in a small pot on medium heat until warm, add the olive oil, oregano and salt, mix, taste and add salt and oregano to taste. If the purée is too thick, add a few spoonfuls of water, then olive oil, salt and oregano to balance it out. (leaves of basil are also welcome!)..
- For the salad: grate the carrot, thinly slice the cabbage and/or lettuce leaves, dice the cucumber, onions. Mix all the remaining vegetables. Add salt, vinegar (or lemon juice) and olive oil to taste..
- Enjoy with a piece of toast and orange juice for best experience! :b.
Feel like making this in the slow cooker? First, you'll saute the onion, garlic, and carrot in the oil. Vegan recipes have a bad reputation as being difficult or time-consuming, but these easy vegan recipes are far from hard. Ready in under an hour, these vegan recipes make for easy dinners, sides, and desserts. Tomato soup is a classic, heartwarming dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer or the main entree.