Bruce’s Vegan Cottage Pie.
You can cook Bruce’s Vegan Cottage Pie using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bruce’s Vegan Cottage Pie
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 sticks of celery.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- It’s of Chilli flakes if you want.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of parsnip.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Peas.
- Prepare of Sweetcorn.
- It’s Sachet of Cottage Pie mix (or Bisto+garlic powder+thyme+teaspoon tomato paste).
- Prepare of Few glugs of port or red wine.
- You need of the mash.
- It’s of Potatoes.
- It’s of Margerine.
- It’s of Soy cream.
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle of thyme.
Bruce’s Vegan Cottage Pie step by step
- Finely chop the celery, onion and one carrot, and soften in a cooking oil of your choice for a few minutes, in a big sauce pan. After a minute, add the also finely chopped garlic and some chilli flakes if you like..
- Chop up a bunch of other vegetables, not necessarily what I listed. Whatever you want or have to hand..
- Add all of the things into the pan, and heat up some water for potato cooking while this cooks..
- Chop up your potatoes and add them to the hot water. Pop a lid on that and cook all the things on let’s say a medium heat until the potatoes are cooked..
- Strain the potatoes, then add some margerine, thyme, salt and cream if you’re feeling indulgent. MASH..
- Put the insidey mix in a bowl, top with the mash and some yeast flakes to top if you want. There ya go..