Daim Ice Cream Cake. This Daim ice cream cake is made the old-fashioned way, using lots of egg yolks and whipped cream. This recipe is not the same as in my English book Love Manuela that you can order→ here; the one in my book is similar in flavor, The difference is I used sweetened condensed milk instead of egg yolks, topped with a delicious ice cream, and Daim candy (you can find this candy at Ikea), which is basically a caramel candy coated in chocolate. If you are unable to get it, use a candy that is similar like a Heath bar The addition of coffee in the ice cream adds another delicious layer of flavor along with the caramel and almond making each bite so delicious!
And yes, of course it was a hit with my daim bar loving parents as well! Translated from and adapted after Söta Saker's recipe. Almondy Toblerone Chocolate Cake in Singapore. You can have Daim Ice Cream Cake using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Daim Ice Cream Cake
- Prepare of ✨Almond Base✨.
- It’s 150 g of Powder Sugar.
- You need 150 g of Ground Almond.
- Prepare 4 of Egg whites.
- You need of ✨Ice Cream✨.
- You need 4 of Eggs Yolks.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 200 g of Powder Sugar.
- Prepare 5 dl of Heavy Whipped Cream.
- It’s 160 g of Crushed Daim Candy.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s of ✨Topping✨.
- You need 50 g of Daim Candy (Chopped).
Image credit: @glutenvrijevader Hot on the heels of the Oreo Cookies & Cream Cake comes another decadent cake themed after a classic chocolate snack. The Almondy Toblerone Chocolate Cake first took the online world by storm last year, when it was spotted in New York. Since then, the cake has popped up in multiple countries, with Singapore being. Kulfi is an Indian ice cream made by evaporating whole milk until it's really rich and almost caramelised.
Daim Ice Cream Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line an 9-inch →24 cm round springform pan with parchment paper, grease the bottom and the sides of the pan. Place the egg whites into a bowl and beat on medium speed until foamy which is usually about 30 seconds. Add the powder sugar, one spoonful at a time, while mixing on medium speed until it becomes very stiff and thick..
- Add the grounded almonds into the mixture and mix it well. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan and use your spatula to spread it evenly. Bake it in the middle rack of your oven for 35-45 minutes. Let it cool completely after. While waiting for the cake to cool completely..
- Proceed to make the Daim ice cream: Beat the egg yolks, 2 eggs, powder sugar and vanilla into a clean mixing bowl and whisk it all together until it becomes stiff and thick. Set it aside after it is finished. Whip the whipped cream until it also becomes stiff and mix it with the previous mixture prepared. Add the coarsely chopped Daim candy and mix everything well. Then pour it over the almond cake bottom..
- Cover the Daim ice cream cake with plastic wrap and place the cake in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight. Top the cake with the chopped Daim candy..
The beauty of enriching the milk like this is that you don't need an ice cream maker to churn and break up ice crystals, so it's an easy pudding to make. We have more individually portioned dessert ideas here. Today I found some awesome new Ice Cream Flavors in my local supermarket. I am the biggest oreo fan anyway so I though I just have to buy these Flavorings and Rate and Review them for. Caramel ice cream with chocolate coated caramel and almond pieces.