Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe. If you wanted your hot dog extra especial, a couple of crispy bacon slices would also show up at the party. See more ideas about Hot dog recipes, Hot dogs, Recipes. Show off with this decadent take on a Labor Day classic.
Sure we have hot dogs year-round, one of our favorites it topped with Wendy's chili recipe – it's so good for a hot dog chili recipe, but something about the summertime just says, "Let's make hot dogs!" Usually, we grill them and top the dogs with ketchup and mustard, but sometimes we have a go big or go home. Get the Recipe: Hot Dogs with Summertime Slaw Brooklyn's Corniest Hot Dogs This New York City-inspired dog is topped with caramelized onions, bacon, corn and cheese. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef and the onion. You can have Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of beef sausage.
- You need 1 of hot dog bun.
- It’s 1 leaf of lettuce + oil and salt for seasoning.
- Prepare A few of sticks of cucumber + oil and salt for seasoning.
- You need A few of fries + salt for seasoning.
- You need to taste of Ketchup,.
- It’s to taste of Salad cream or mayonnaise,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter, softened.
Cook, breaking up the beef as it cooks, until the beef is browned and the onion is soft. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. The great thing about making your own hot dogs is that you can control what goes into them. Make your dogs all beef, all pork, or a combination and tailor the seasonings to your liking.
Ellen's take on a Hot Dog Recipe instructions
- With a knife, poke small holes all around the sausage so it absorbs the seasoning better and to help it properly cook through. Season the beef sausage, first with lemon juice and vegetable oil, then the salt, followed by the paprika and onion and garlic powder. Cover with cling film or a towel and leave on the counter for 10 minutes or in the fridge overnight..
- While you wait, prep the rest of the ingredients by first frying the fries and then salting them. Next add about 1/2 tsp of oil and a pinch of salt to the lettuce and cucumber sticks. After, cook the beef sausage your favourite way to do so, I grilled mine. To finish prep, microwave the hot dog bun for about 15 – 20 seconds. Split the bun in the middle but not all the way through and spread the butter evenly over the inside of the bun..
- To assemble, place the lettuce in the middle of the bun followed by the beef sausage and next just fill up any spaces with fries and cucumber cut into sticks. To finish, drizzle over some tomato ketchup and salad cream or mayonnaise. Enjoy!.
Hot dogs are a classic American dish, often served at backyard cookouts or baseball games — but these dogs can't can't stand alone. Whether you're entertaining a group, or making a fast weeknight meal, the perfect side dish will complete your hot dog dinner. From corn on the cob to deep fried pickles, we've got you covered on all the best sides for hot dogs. Makeover your summer hot dogs with these fun ideas and easy recipes. Plus, try our genius ideas for topping your hot dog.