Low-Calorie Hot & Sour Noodle Soup.
You can cook Low-Calorie Hot & Sour Noodle Soup using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low-Calorie Hot & Sour Noodle Soup
- Prepare 4 cups of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- It’s 1 of small piece Ginger *grated.
- Prepare 1-2 of cupfuls Vegetables.
- Prepare of *Suggestion: Carrot, Black Fungus, Shimeji, Shiitake, Bamboo Shoot, Bok Choy, etc.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 200-300 g of Tofu *Medium or Soft type recommended, cut into small pieces.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of Potato Starch *mixed with 3 to 4 tablespoons Water.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs *lightly whisked.
- It’s 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- You need of <Seasonings>.
- It’s 1-2 teaspoons of Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce) *OR Chilli Garlic Sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of Rice Vinegar.
- You need of <Noodles>.
- Prepare 2 bags of (2 x 200g) Itokonnyaku OR Shirataki (Konjac Noodles) *rinsed & drained.
- It’s 1 bag of Bean Sprouts *washed.
- You need of *OR Other Noodles of your choice.
Low-Calorie Hot & Sour Noodle Soup instructions
- Prepare Vegetables. Wash well, especially softened Black Fungus, and cut all into thin slices or strips as it would be easy to eat with noodles..
- Heat Chicken Stock and Sake (Rice Wine) in a pot, add Ginger and Vegetables, and cook until soft. Add seasonings, and Salt (only if required) & Pepper to taste..
- Add Tofu, bring back to the boil, then add Potato Starch mixture, stirring gently, until desired thickness is achieved. You don’t need to add it all..
- Add lightly whisked Eggs slowly in a circular motion into the boiling soup, gently stirring. When the egg is cooked, remove from heat..
- Meanwhile, cook Noodles. Itokonnyaku OR Shirataki (Konjac Noodles) and Bean Sprouts can be cooked together in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, then drained. If you use other noodles, cook them accordingly..
- Place hot Noodles (and Bean Sprout) in a serving bowl, cover with the Hot & Sour Soup, add some chopped Spring Onion on top, and enjoy..