Super Easy and Delicious Alfredo Sauce. Tips to Make Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese. This recipe for Homemade Alfredo Sauce is as quick and easy as I promised! Once you start cooking, it will go really fast, so I am going to walk through a new of my notes on ingredients, substitutions, and tips for making this recipe as delicious as possible.
It's great with chicken and shrimp (especially when they're seasoned with Cajun seasoning). You can also add any number of vegetables, like spinach or kale, broccoli, spring peas, asparagus, mushrooms. Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. You can cook Super Easy and Delicious Alfredo Sauce using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super Easy and Delicious Alfredo Sauce
- It’s 1/2 C of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 8 oz of Cream Cheese (softened).
- It’s 3 tsp of Minced Garlic or 2 tsp Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 C of Milk.
- Prepare 6 oz of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Super easy to serve this over pasta if that's what you prefer! My advice is to cook your pasta (I used gluten free linguine) before you cook the sauce and then simply drain it and put the lid on the pan to keep warm.
Super Easy and Delicious Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat..
- Add cream cheese and garlic, stirring with wire whisk until smooth..
- Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps..
- Stir in Parmesan and pepper..
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency..
- Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long..
- Keep the heat at medium to avoid scorching the sauce..
The Alfredo Sauce cooks up quickly so you won't need to wait if you cook the past first. Alfredo sauce is a classic, super simple, creamy white sauce traditionally made using butter, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. It's usually served over pasta but can also be used as a delicious dipping sauce for breadsticks or as a pizza sauce! Classic Alfredo Sauce is a simple but elegant creamy, white sauce that is commonly known to lay over pasta noodles. It is made from butter, a type of cream and parmesan cheese.