Tex-Mex Shepherd's Pie.
You can have Tex-Mex Shepherd's Pie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tex-Mex Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 3 of lbs. Lean ground beef.
- Prepare 3 of pkgs Taco seasoning.
- Prepare of Small amount of flour or cornstarch.
- You need 1 of sm. Bag potatoes; cooked & mashed (or can you use instant).
- Prepare 1 of Lrg. Can corn, drained.
- You need 1 of Lrg. Can green beans, drained.
- It’s 1 of med. Can diced tomatoes, drained.
- It’s 1/2 of med. Onion, chopped (optional).
- You need of Velveeta cheese slices (or block if you prefer cutting your own).
Tex-Mex Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Peel, cook, and mash your potatoes as you normally would. Set aside..
- Brown your ground beef, drain, and add taco seasoning according to package instructions..
- Once your ground beef is done, add in just a little flour or cornstarch to slightly thicken the sauce, careful to avoid lumps..
- Add in your drained vegetables one can at a time, stirring to distribute them evenly..
- Pour into 13"x9" casserole dish plus an extra 9"x9" casserole dish, pressing it down and spreading evenly across the bottom..
- Layer your Velveeta slices across the top of the meat & veggie mixture. Go as cheesy as you want with it. I personally like mine really cheesy! 😉.
- Get your oven preheating to 400°. Start layering on those mashed taters! Spread them evenly across the top of everything, layer them as thick as you want, so long as you have enough for both casserole dishes..
- Pop them in the oven for about 45 mins until bubbly and heated all the way through..
- Optional: broil the last few minutes to form a golden brown crusty layer to your mashed potatoes…we were starving so we didn't bother with this step this go around LOL!.
- Scoop it out into bowls and enjoy!!!.