Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream. Tasty Chicken Cordon Bleu is a keto, low carb, grain free, gluten free entrée that is easy to make and can also be frozen as part of your prep ahead meal planning. This keto chicken recipe is an oven baked version that can also be pan fried. Serve with a delicious Dijon cream sauce flavoured with parmesan cheese and a mixed green salad for a perfect, nutrient dense, complete meal.
Combine the cream, parmesan cheese, chicken stock, Dijon mustard, butter and parsley in a small sauce pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Add heavy cream, chicken broth and parsley. Allow to come to a boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low. You can cook Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream
- Prepare 1/2 cup of almond flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of psyllium husk.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely grated parmesan.
- You need of Salt/pepper/spices of choice.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 4 T of heavy cream divided in half.
- It’s 2-4 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded.
- It’s of Shredded cheese of choice.
- You need of Pork product of choice (ham, bacon, etc).
- You need 2 T of coarse Dijon mustard.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Add Parmesan and Dijon to sauce. Simmer on low, stirring occasionally and allow sauce to thicken. Fill the mushroom caps with sauce, layer with ham, cheese, ham, cheese. Place the cream cheese, dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, lemon juice and heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth and combined.
Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream step by step
- Combine first four ingredients in a shallow dish. Beat egg with 2 T of heavy cream in another shallow dish..
- Pretty heat oven to 400.
- Lay butterflied chicken out horizontally, and sprinkle some cheese and pork down the entire center forming a thin layer over most of the chicken, leaving the edges clear.
- Roll the chicken down from top to bottom forming a long tube, use toothpicks to secure the ends closed, the tuck the two open ends closed and do the same. at this point it will look like a flesh burrito.
- Dredge your chicken burrito in egg mix and roll in breading.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan on medium/medium high heat, and brown all sides. when done, transfer to an aluminum foil lined baking pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Wisk Dijon and remaining heavy cream together while waiting.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest five minutes, remove toothpicks, slice, and dress with Dijon cream.
Recipe: Yummy Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream. Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu with Dijon Cream is amongst the favorite food menus that are increasingly being sought by a lot of people from the internet. Place a piece of parchment paper under the chicken, and then butterfly the chicken breast so that it lays open like a book. Layers of chicken, ham, and Swiss cheese make this easy weeknight keto chicken cordon bleu casserole a meal the whole family will request! Instead of the sour cream/dijon mixture, I used a jar of Ragu Basil Alfredo and omitted the Italian seasoning in the recipe.