Keto Strawberries and Chocolate Cake. I start this incredible keto cake off with a keto chocolate sponge cake! Making a keto cake means replacing the flour and sugar and avoiding milk, all of which have plenty of carbs. I decided to go with a sponge cake because the eggs give the cake more volume.
The fresh strawberry flavor shines in this cake, and the chocolate is the perfect, rich accompaniment. For a gluten free cake, it's surprisingly moist and light. TIPS FOR FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE KETO RECIPE WITH STRAWBERRIES. You can have Keto Strawberries and Chocolate Cake using 25 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Keto Strawberries and Chocolate Cake
- It’s of Sponge.
- Prepare 8 of eggs.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of ultra-fine high-fiber flour.
- You need 8 tbsp of erythritol.
- You need 30 gr of melted butter.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 1/4 of dsbp baking powder.
- It’s of Strawberry jam.
- Prepare 500 gr of strawberries.
- You need 2 tbsp of erythritol.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of Mascarpone cream.
- You need 250 gr of mascarpone.
- Prepare 300 ml of double cream.
- You need 150 gr of powdered erythritol.
- Prepare of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of Syrup.
- Prepare 50 gr of erythritol.
- You need 50 gr of strawberry purée.
- It’s 250 ml of water.
- Prepare of Chocolate icing.
- Prepare 150 gr of dark chocolate.
- You need 300 ml of double cream.
- You need of Fresh strawberries for decorating.
Chocolate cake – this flourless chocolate cake is really easy to make. You will need to separate egg whites from egg yolks and beat or mix egg whites with low carb sweetener and baking powder until firm peaks are formed. To make it more firm I add a pinch of salt to this mixture. Make the best keto chocolate cake frosting.
Keto Strawberries and Chocolate Cake step by step
- Sponge – Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4. Grease three 15cm cake tins and line the bases with baking parchment..
- Separate the egg whites and yolks, add salt and melted butter to the yolks and beat until fluffy..
- In a separate bowls, whisk the egg whites until it doubles its volume, add erythritol gradually and mix until it completely dissolved..
- Add the yolks mixture on top and mix well until incorporated incorporated. In a clean bowl, whisk toghether flour and baking powder. Add half the flour mixture to the egg mixture and gently incorporate with a spatula..
- Add the rest of the flour and incorporate well. Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and bake for 45-55 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of each cake comes out clean. Allow the cakes to cool for 10 mins in their tins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely..
- To make the syrup, put all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat for 1-2 mins or until the erythritol has dissolved. Set aside..
- Strawberry jam – On a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan add all ingredients and stimmer on low for 35 min or until thick. Keep stirring until the jam reduced. Set aside..
- Mascarpone cream – Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat all ingredients until fluffy and it doubles its volume. Keep refrigerated until assembly..
- Chocolate icing – heat the double cream until pipping hot, pour over the chocolate chopped in manageable pieces. Let it sit for 5 min, then stir well until incorporated. Set aside..
- To assemble the cake, level the sponges by cutting off the domed tops. Fix the bottom layer to a cake board or stand with a splodge cream, brush with the strawberry syrup and spread a layer of strawberry jam, pipe a layer of mascarpone cream on top. Gently press the second layer on top and repeat with the remaining layers..
- Cover the cake with a thin layer of cream, then use a palette knife to scrape the sides clean. Pour over the chocolate icing. Decorate with fresh strawberries. Keep in the fridge overnight. Enjoy!.
Find the full recipe for keto chocolate frosting here. (And plenty of frosting tips below!) Assemble and frost chocolate keto cake recipe. See the section below on how to assemble and frost it. Feel free to decorate with more chocolate frosting (not my strong suit!) or with. This cake is a little bit of effort, but well worth it. Perfect to impress your keto or non-keto friends alike!