Crisco Sugar Cookies. BEAT shortening and sugar in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until well blended. COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
BEAT in flour, baking soda and salt until combined. ADD egg, milk and vanilla; beat until blended. Cookies: Combine shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat at medium speed until well blended. You can have Crisco Sugar Cookies using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crisco Sugar Cookies
- You need 1 cup of Butter Flavored Crisco (or half shortening and half butter).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 4-5 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of cream of tarter.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Beat in eggs, one at a time. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Sugar cookies with shortening make perfect cut out cookies, and can be colored and decorated as gorgeous cookies for Santa. You can clearly see the result of baking with Crisco shortening is a thick, fluffy cookie that looks better than the butter-based cookies.
Crisco Sugar Cookies instructions
- Cream the shortening and sugars together..
- Beat eggs in one at a time..
- Add milk and vanilla..
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tarter, and salt in a separate bowl..
- Mix with creamed mixture into one until well blended. A dough should form..
- Cover and chill for at least an hour (preferably overnight.) If you want a drop cookie, just skip this step..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Separate dough into two balls..
- Roll one ball out to about 1/4 inch thickness on parchment paper or a lightly floured surface..
- Cut the cookies to desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheet..
- Decorate cookies with colored sugar, candy, or a simple cinnamon/sugar mix..
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden..
- Set out to cool. Once cool you can ice non-decorated cookies..
In addition to shortening, there are two teaspoons of vanilla in the cookie recipe. I love the light, sweet taste of vanilla and it shines through in this soft sugar cookie recipe. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray. Go day hr min sec Prep Time. day hr min sec Cook Time. Let's have a look Load more.