Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 520 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 225 grams of dairy-free spread / butter.
- Prepare 550 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs or substitute with 4 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 12 tbsp water and set aside until it has turned gelatinous, then whisk in 2tbsp oil.
- It’s 150 ml of beetroot juice.
- It’s 480 ml of light coconut milk – remove 2 tsp of milk and add.
- You need 2 tsp of cider vinegar to it. This mixture makes vegan 'buttermilk'.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- You need 480 grams of cream cheese -Violife brand is vegan and coconut-based.
- You need 230 grams of dairy-free spread / butter.
- Prepare 500 grams of icing / powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Light coconut milk as required to thin.
Vickys Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans. Remember to use metal utensils to avoid beetroot juice stains.
- Add the salt & cocoa to the flour and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar until pale and light. If using eggs, add them one at a time to this mixture, beating at least one minute after each addition, otherwise just beat in the flaxseed / oil mixture.
- Add the beetroot juice and vanilla to the buttermilk. Alternate adding this liquid and the flour mixture to the creamed sugar. Use a spatula or put your mixer on low, don't overbeat.
- Put the vinegar in a small bowl and add the baking soda. It will foam up briefly. Fold into the cake batter gently, don't beat or overmix. The batter should be somewhat thick but pourable. If you think it's too thick add a little water before you add the vinegar mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tins and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tins. Turn out and let cake cool completely on a wire rack before frosting. Cut each layer in half to create a four-layer cake if you like.
- To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese with the softened butter. Gently mix in the powdered sugar, add the vanilla and a little water to give a good spreading consistency.