Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice. The traditional approach to making the Cantonese ground beef rice bowl is to marinate the beef in the sauce and cornstarch, then cook it in a wok. Inspired by the flavors of Chinese barbecue bao buns, each biscuit bundle in this tasty appetizer recipe is stuffed with ground beef that's cooked in a mouthwatering barbecue-hoisin sauce. Paired with water chestnuts and fresh ingredients like cilantro and green onions, this party starter has such great flavor, it may steal the spotlight.
For anyone who is the individual that is seeking the recipe information, then here is the right website page. Season the beef all over with the Chinese five-spice powder, salt and pepper. Add the beef and top with the hoisin mixture; turn to coat. You can cook Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice
- Prepare 1 inch of long piece fresh ginger finely grated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of celery stock finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small carrot finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 of large sweet onion finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid aminos.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chinese style bbq sauce (see my recipe).
- You need 1 tbsp of sriracha.
- You need 1 tsp of stir fry sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare of Rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of stir fry sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 of ground turmeric.
Mongolian Beef and Spring Onions "I made this exactly as the recipe said, and it was a massive hit. I'll definitely make this one again. Chef John's Spicy Orange Zest Beef. See how to prepare this easy beef stir-fry.
Chinese BBQ Ground Beef & Rice instructions
- In a large skillet on medium low heat without oil lightly toast the sesame seeds then set aside..
- In large skillet add the oil, celery, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, turmeric, vinegar and liquid aminos..
- Once the veggies are soft add the ground beef. Cook until done and browned a bit..
- Add all the sauce ingredients and simmer until thickened..
- Add rice ingredients to rice cooker and follow directions for your model..
- Once rice is done and sitting on the warm setting add any vegetables you would want like broccoli, bamboo shoots or whatever you have on hand..
- Spoon some rice into a bowl cover with the beef and top with the toasted sesame and any other garnish of your choice like scallions or shredded cabbage and carrots..
Korean BBQ beef is one of our favorite dishes to prepare at home, but when we want an easier, quicker, and cheaper alternative, Korean ground beef is the way to go. Made with ground beef and a simple four-ingredient sauce, it delivers the sweet and savory flavors we love in half the cost and half the time. This is a great dish if you are looking for a tasty Chinese style BBQ! My go-to recipe for Chinese BBQ! Thanks for another hit, Chef John.