Easy California Roll. Using the mat as a guide, carefully roll the California roll into a tight log. Roll the California Roll using the bamboo mat and make sure that you tug the sushi rolls very tight. Keep rolling using the bamboo mat until you have have a nice roll.
The California roll is one of the most favored sushi rolls and has been credited with popularizing sushi in the United States. California rolls are usually made inside-out – rice on the outside, nori (seaweed) on the inside – making them easier to eat. The center is studded with crab meat or imitation crab, cucumber, and avocado. You can cook Easy California Roll using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy California Roll
- Prepare 1 packages of Imitation Crab sticks.
- It’s 1 packages of Nori (dried seaweed paper).
- It’s 1 of each cucumber.
- It’s 1 of each Avocado.
- Prepare of Sesame seed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sushi rice.
- You need 2 cup of water.
Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the extra space at the bottom touches the other side, squeezing down to make a nice tight roll. Layer ¼ of the crab, cucumber, and avocado on top of the nori on the side closest to you. Use your bamboo roller, to roll the sushi away from you. Press and roll until you get to the end.
Easy California Roll instructions
- Add rice to water in pot and bring to soft boil. Cover and reduce to low for 20 minutes.
- Peel cucumber and slice into 1/2 inch sticks.
- Cut avocado in half (careful of seed) and "spoon" out then cut halves into 1/4 inch slices.
- Prepare workstation with bamboo mat or a towel with wax paper.
- If the rice still cooking you can search some Youtube videos on how to roll sushi to get a better explanation.
- Once rice is done, take a piece of nori and place it on bamboo mat or wax paper shiny side down and smear rice over 3/4 of the nori.
- Sprinkle some sesame seed over 1/2 of the rice opposite of the exposed nori.
- Flip the nori over so that all the rice is opposite of you, in other words the nori without rice is towards you, and place one piece of cucumber, some crab sticks to fit end to end, and about 3-4 pieces of avocado.
- Start to roll sushi pressing firmly and peeling back bamboo mat until rolled, at the end give a good press on the sushi.
- Using a sharp knife slice the sushi into 8 pieces.
- Another variant would be after adding the rice to nori, instead of flipping the nori over just place the filling right on the rice and roll. This version has the seaweed on the outside and the rice on the inside.
- The sauce pictured is a small blend of mayonnaise, sriracha, and cayenne powder squeezed through the corner of a zip lock bag.
Cover tightly and set the pan over high heat and bring to a boil. In this video I'll show you how to make the California Roll. This video is an update on one of my earlier videos because I feel like I've learned a lot about. These are the simplified way to enjoy all the flavors of a California Roll in a fraction of the time! You get a hearty bowl of sushi rice layered together with so many delicious flavors and textures.