Easy Shepherds Pie. Are you familiar with shepherds pie? This is exactly how it's supposed to taste. It's an English dish and they aren't exactly known for their exotic.
The difference between Shepherd's Pie and Cottage Pie is the meat. Cottage Pie uses ground beef I find that the easiest way to make this dish is to work ahead. You could make the beef or lamb mixture. You can have Easy Shepherds Pie using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 6 of yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks.
- You need 2 lb of hamburger meat.
- You need 1 can of corn.
- You need 1 envelope of onion soup.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. This Shepherd's pie is a complete meal in a single skillet, and just the kind of dinner you want to tuck into as the weather cools. Plus, it's so easy you can make it on a weeknight.
Easy Shepherds Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil water for potatoes.
- Cook potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown hamburger meat. Drain grease when done. Add salt & pepper to taste..
- Once hamburger meat is done, add 1 cup of water and 1 envelope of onion soup. Let simmer for about 5 minutes..
- Once potatoes are cooked, mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper..
- In a baking dish (glass or metal), layer hamburger meat, then corn, then potatoes on top..
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the peaks on the mashed potatoes are browned..
This lightened up easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lean ground beef, lots of veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes. Shepherds Pie is easy to make and a wonderful comfort dish! A family favorite dinner that everyone loves and enjoys. ____↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK "SHOW MORE" TO GET. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling topped with creamy mashed potato and a.