Sweet Strawberry Chia Milk Sorbet / Fruit Dessert. Great recipe for Sweet Strawberry Chia Milk Sorbet / Fruit Dessert. Great as a cold refreshment on a hot day too!! It was my dad who used to prepare this.
As mentioned above, the traditional method is combining fruit with simple syrup. However, some people prefer to skip the extra liquid and just use fruit and sugar. Simply add frozen watermelon, strawberries, and banana to a high-speed blender (or food processor ) along with a little bit of almond milk, coconut milk, or coconut water. You can cook Sweet Strawberry Chia Milk Sorbet / Fruit Dessert using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Strawberry Chia Milk Sorbet / Fruit Dessert
- It’s 250-300 g of strawberries.
- Prepare 1 of small can condensed milk.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of Chia Seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 c of Water.
Feel free to use any fruit, plant based yogurt or sweetener. If you use other sweeteners, just add them gently until the pudding is sweet enough for you. I plan to make it again after a bit more information on the science behind the dessert. Great as a cold refreshment on a hot day too!!
Sweet Strawberry Chia Milk Sorbet / Fruit Dessert step by step
- Soak Chia seeds in water. Stir with teaspoon. Set aside for 30 mins or more..
- Wash strawberries. Discard the ones with mold forming as it will affect the taste of your dessert. Remove tops (leaves) by pulling it with your fingers. Slice off any soft mushy parts (fruit damage from packing/transport). Feed those to your dog, strawberries are good for them 🙂 Slice strawberries into desired bite size pieces..
- Add 1/4 can condensed milk. Add just enough to cover the berries with a little extra dollop. Stir..
- Check your Chia. If it has formed gel like substance around it, it's ready to be added. Scoop with a spoon into your berry mix. Up to you how much Chia you want to add. Less or more won't hurt. Stir..
- Taste. Adjust sweetness by adding a little more condensed milk. Pop in the chiller to let the Chia absorb the milk & strawberry flavor. Ready to be served after 2 hours or more. Sorbet: Pop in the freezer and enjoy! Great refreshment on a hot day!.
It was my dad who used to prepare this. As a twist, I added super food Chia Seeds for the extra. Add strawberries, coconut milk and maple syrup into a high powered blender or food processor. You can enjoy right away or let the sorbet harden up a bit in the freezer. To freeze: place sorbet in a container (I used a loaf pan lined with parchment paper).